There is no contradicting to the fact that image editing software has given us the stipulation to make alterations in images with highly functional and trouble-free approach. With few clicks, you can renovate the complete outlook of an image. You can fluently eliminate objects, add objects, and add colors, correct exposure and much more. Anything is possible with the help of image editing software. But as we know that there is an equal possibility of these software to make or break the credibility of an image. To shun any kind of mistake, you need to learn the software that is offering you editing services.
Here are 5 photo editing mistakes that every photographer is prone to commit:
- Over Saturation of Colors: To give pragmatic look and make a picture look alive, you use color saturation feature in most of the image editing software. That is where you fall in the trap as sometimes you go beyond in the task and don’t realize that you have overdone the task and the product has started appearing fake than ever. To avoid overdoing, you need to make numerous changes and monitor the image in different looks. You need to go for the effect that is giving more real and original look; you need to keep it and omit the others.
- Immature Use Of Filters: Filters give you the authority to transfigure any image in Photoshop or other image editing software. It is vital to have a strong grip and knowledge of the usage of these features. All software serves you a platter of good filters and all of them can absolutely reform an image. You don’t have to use every filter for all the images. A practiced photographer will be aware of these filters that are necessary for different kinds of images. You have to be cautious while applying filter effects.
- Avoid Chessboard Colors: It is a myth that every image can look great in black and white. It vastly depends on the usage of an image and the kind of effects that will enhance the look of the object. Even if you want to apply this feature in all your images, you need to learn how to control the levels.
- Oversaturated Monochrome Toning: People who have skilled Photoshop are very well aware of the fact that there are many ways to add the Black and White color in the images. The only flaw here is that photographers become heavy handed with the usage of colors and overdo the task mostly. It is recommended to keep the color saturation on low and in spite of the feature of full on color; you must go for the trivial tint.
- Dire Masking Selection: If you find the picture extremely unattractive due to the halos and dodgy edges, you can immediately come to a decision that it has been edited by some immature editor. It becomes more complex to implement the technique of masking on details like hair. It is always recommended to use the refine edge or refine mask control. It will provide incredible imagery with more perfect and sharp details.