Online selling nowadays is not limited to a certain marketplace. If you want to increase the reach of customers and take better chance of broadened selling then you need to list your products on different online websites. Some of such examples are Amazon, Ebay, ETSY, etc. All these websites have larger audience. In fact, a big share of vendors prefers to associate with these websites rather than creating their own.
So, omni-channel selling is becoming increasingly important day by day. Sellers don’t want to limit their reach and thus they work more to sell more. While you open up to the idea of selling on different channels, it is important to know about some of the common imagery protocols of these websites. We can understand that it is challenging to remember how to optimize images for each website. That is why we have created a comprehensive study for you where you will find all the details under one shed.
Let’s take a look-
Amazon– Amazon is the largest platform that is trading in various countries. Also, it is the leading marketplace where maximum number of sellers sells their products. So we will start our discussion from here.
- 10 MB should be the maximum photo size of every picture
- The preferred product picture type should be JPEG or TIF. However, you can also use GIF files
- The size of the product image should be 500×1000 pixels (but it depends on different products)
- Each image on the page must have white background. The preferred color modes are RGB & CMYK. Also, the product must cover 85% of the frame size. The focus must be on the product only.
Ebay– Not knowing Ebay will come as a surprise to anyone who is associated to online shopping. Ebay is one of the major platforms that fills the gap between small and large vendors and the customers. Well, here are some highly relevant information on how you can fortify your sales at Ebay by using germane images-
- 7 MB should be the maximum photo size of every picture for the photo uploader and 12 MB for the web images.
- The preferred product picture type should be JPEG, BMP, GIF, or TIF.
- The size of the product image should be 800×1600 pixels (but it depends on different products)
You can upload up to 12 images with each product and also use the feature of enlarge/zoom on the images that are at least 800 pixels on the longer side. The photos should not have any kind of logo, watermark, content, etc. on it.
Etsy– Etsy however is bit of a lavish web marketplace, used by some huge brands in the market. If you are associated with this website, the below given tips will surely help you in broadening your spectrum of sales-
- 20 MB should be the maximum photo size of every picture
- The preferred product picture type should be JPEG or PNG. However, you can also use GIF files
- The size of the product image should be 1000 pixels wide (but it depends on different products)
The zoom feature will only be enabled on the images if you use 1000 pixels wide images with the products. Etsy suggest its sellers to keep the size of the images consistent. It helps in maintaining the imagery standards of the website. Also, it creates good impression on the buyers as they see uniform presentation.
You can upload up to 10 images with each product but the minimum image requirement is of 5 images. There shouldn’t be any kind of distraction in the image including busy backgrounds, borders, frames, watermarks, text, etc. at least 80% of the image frame must have the product itself.
Google Shopping– Well, Google is also not so far behind when it comes to online shopping. There are some featured products that can be purchased straight from the Google page. Here are the requirements of posting your products online on Google-
- 16 MB should be the maximum photo size of every picture
- The preferred product picture type should be non-animated, JPEG, PNG, BMP or TIF. However, you can also use GIF files
- The size of the product image should be 100 pixels for non-apparel products whereas 250 pixels for apparel products.
You will be required to use at least 11 high quality product images with each product. No usage of text or watermarks is allowed on the images. Also, the staging of the product has to be so done that it covers 75-80% of the frame area.
Shopify– Shopify is an innovative platform that has given brilliant opportunities to not only the product sellers but also that sell services. It is a versatile platform and the requirements to be associated with this one are-
- 20 MB should be the maximum photo size of every picture
- The preferred product picture type should be JPEG. It is the recommended image type and Shopify insist all its sellers to stick with it.
- The size of the product image should be 4472 pixels maximum (but it depends on different products)
Shopify gives the provision of creating multiple sizes of the images. This way you don’t have to upload images with different sizes as it will be done automatically. You only needs to use one dimension to create all the images. As you will follow common image size, it will help in boosting uniformity throughout the website.
Woo-Commerce– This website is ideally for the online designing related content. Here you can upload your designs of websites and other marketing related stuff. The requirements of uploading images here are below-
- There is no specific size for the images here at Woo-Commerce
- The preferred product picture type should be JPEG or PNG.
- The size of the product image should be 800 pixels (but it depends on different products)
Woo-commerce don’t have a specific size of any image that is uploaded. But the image must be 800 pixels or more. This helps in maintaining the clarity of the product images that are being uploaded online. Also, thumbnails are instantly created with each image that goes online at Woo-commerce. Just like other websites, the background of woo-commerce products must be plain white.
As you can understand, the requirements of different kinds of online stores are quite focussed on the presentation of the website. Likewise, there are various other stores that have their specific set of guidelines which are to be followed stringently. So all you need is to make sure that all the image related guidelines are followed and enjoy seamless business opportunities at these portals.