Women are all about shopping and among the most liked products that they like to shop, Jewelry holds a vital place. For online vendors, it is enormously imperative to showcase Jewelry products in such a way that they impress the viewer the very second they have a peek of the product.
The look of your product image does a great job in appealing the customer. Customers really appreciate fine photography and presentation of the product with comprehensive specifications. Therefore, accurate representation of the product is significant enough to steal customer’s heart and grab spontaneous sales.
Although, every photographer is well aware of the needs and the wants of jewelry photography, yet they make some highly common mistakes while the session. Both, the photographer and the designer who is creating the end product must keep some vital guidelines in mind and avoid basic errors.
Take a quick look at some common mistakes in jewelry product photography that can trash your sales instantly:
- Careless Presentation: The moment you step in online business, there is no room for imperfections. You will have to face dropping sales if you don’t take your work gravely. Presentation of products is a major concern, especially when you selling products like jewelry.
Slapdash or sloppy presentation of the jewelry is an ordinary mistake that many of the e-shoppers make. You need to be watchful during the editing to remove all tags, stickers or strings from the jewelry product. People make these mistakes as they don’t check their product for any wear and tear, missing gem, faded color, etc. All these must be carefully checked before you put the product online for sale.
- Variation in the representation of products: Another common mistake that many photographers make is the discrepancy in the staging of their products. Dimensions of all the products listed under common niche must be the same. Variation in the arrangement will agitate the customer and entail a bad impression of your website. Basic settings, lighting, background, shadow and all other effects should be the same for every product image. This will make your website appear more professional and alluring.
- Unwanted Add-ons: Add-ons or props are very common in product images. There are some websites that confine the usage of mannequin or any other kind of prop in the product image. The rebelliousness of these guidelines of such portal can bring maximum loss to your online business. Props are considered as a mere piece of distraction to the customers and they are being abolished from the guidelines. You just have to upload clean and professional images for better sales.
- Reflection: While taking pictures of your jewelry, have you ever noticed that you are adding a reflection spot on the product image? Many photographers don’t notice this but trust me; it is an essential thing to determine. You need to examine your image closely and check if there is a reflection of the camera light on the product image. This is a big sign of amateurish product photography.
- Variety of Backgrounds: There are various types of jewelry products that have to be included while listing. Every product doesn’t look good on any kind of background. Perhaps that is the only reason for online stores to make the White background as the only background that can be used. Photographers that give extra emphasis on colorful backgrounds actually create a distraction for the customers. This must be avoided as well.