Selling means everything for the sellers. It doesn’t matter how many different trends you have to opt or how many choices you need to make, you do whatever it takes to sell more. For instance, a freshly baked platform of selling surfaced called DTC selling or Direct to Consumer selling.
As far as we have learned about it, it can be a game changer for the manufacturers. For the big fat names such as Michael Kors, Coach, or Nike, DTC has indubitably done humongous benefit. It not only safeguards the value and brand integrity but also help in controlling the marketing aesthetics.
Customers enjoy colossal perks as they get access to the latest styles, superior customer service and customized offers. Since there is no involvement of third party retailer, the manufacturers get to contact the customers directly. Therefore, DTC is like guilty pleasure to the manufacturers. There are vital numbers of ways which channel DTC selling such as brick and mortar stores, online and pop-ups.
Interested in DTC Selling yet? We give you 6 reasons to follow the trail-
- Loyalty is built between the brand and the consumer since there is more personal contact between the two. The retailer segment is abolished and it gives a chance to the customer to know more about the brand and better connect with it.
- This help brands in a major way since they can conduct real time analysis of customer’s likings and acceptance for their services. It also assist in knowing more about the working marketing strategies, when to go for sales, which merchandise and designs to feature and much more.
- Companies get to know more about customer’s response to their products. Online selling completely relies on customer reviews that are written and submitted. Here, the customers will be able to offer their significant feedback real-time and make it convenient for the brands to learn which way the interest of marketing is swaying.
- High mark-ups are expected when there is a middleman between a brand and a buyer. This can be eradicated by eliminating the retailer from the loop. Having a retailer within somehow also corrode the brand credibility and limit the sales.
- The advertisement money is saved and thus it gives more room to the manufacturers to display as much merchandise as they want. They don’t have to negotiate with the retailers on shelf space or advertisements since the whole space belong to them.
- No third party involvement can impediment the launch of premium products that they wish to launch.
Wait! Hear Us Out
Well, there is no denying the fact that DTC has significant amount of credits in its kitty, but it must not be implied or applied with half knowledge. You first need to know all the stunts and techniques that are involved in carrying forward these techniques at a major level and then make up your mind to take the game to next level. We highly recommend running through the craft carefully before investing any sort of resources into it.
As much as these techniques look benefiting to the manufacturers and the consumers, they pose great threat to the world of retailers. No wonder that they feel deceived from the brands that have been offering whirlwind sales to them for years.
So what we are trying to recommend is to built better understanding of DTC before abandoning traditional retailing concept or it will largely hamper your credibility in market.