There is no such career choice in the world that doesn’t come with flaws. You can go wrong plenty of times and make career ruining mistakes as well. But the significant thing is to be aware of such mistakes and say no to them, at least don’t make them deliberately.
If you are a photographer then you need to note this that plenty can go wrong in your profession. This doesn’t necessarily have to happen in the budding stage of your career but it can happen any time. But if it is the only source to earn bread and butter for you then you surely don’t want to sabotage your career over few silly easily avoidable things.
However, we would like to comfort you by saying that mistakes are the best teacher. So, don’t ever take offence and plunge for better learning.
Let’s take a quick lesson on the 3 mistakes that must be avoided at all cost-
Mistakes Regarding Gears-
A shoot can instantly transform in a battle if you have constrained time limit and you are unprepared for the action. Well, first and foremost, the batteries of the gear have to be completely charged. Thing about it, you are all set to click pictures and suddenly you realize that you gear is out of juice because you forgot to charge the batteries the former night. Wouldn’t that be infuriating? Duh.. hell yes!
- How you can avoid making such common mistakes is by always keeping a fully charged set of batteries in your gear bag. While you take use of the charged batteries, don’t forget to plug the other ones for charging so that you can enjoy unremitting picture shoot. Perhaps you need to be extra careful if you happen to have shoot outside of the city or while travelling.
- Next concern is about the memory card. We understand that you must be thinking that these are prime points and how a professional could forgets to empty his memory card before the next shoot. But trust me, it has been reported that most of the professional photographers forget emptying the memory card before the next shoot and thus have to stand hold the shoot till they finish with the necessary task.
- Make it a habit that without any ado, soon after you reach back to the studio after a shoot has happened, export all the images from the camera memory card and keep it ready for the next shoot. Also, it is highly recommended for the professionals to keep extra memory cards in their camera bag, if any time unfortunately you forget to do the needful.
- Cleaning up your gear is another simple yet significant aspect to take under consideration. You can find plenty of videos on Youtube that will teach you how to clean your camera gear without damaging it. Its a reasonable statement that camera gears don’t come inexpensive. Regardless of your careful cleaning tactics, it is always suggested to be extra careful about these gears, especially for the lenses. Also, you need to follow the care instructions and do the task on the routine basis. This will also ensure productivity and longevity of the gear.
- Last but not the least in this segment, we would like to say that professional cameras costs a fortune. You must take good care of these gears, especially when you are shooting outdoors. You should always take advantage from supportive tools such as rain covers. Make sure you take care of the camera gears. Only then it will be able to take care of your routine earnings.
It has been said by NYIP mentor Chris Corradino that while you travel and pick pictures from place to place, it is always inviting to get done with first shot and instantly move to the other one. You don’t feel like missing any shot. At such as pace, it is usually difficult to be creative and experimenting new things. In such a taxing environment, you usually are so busy in matching up with the speed that you don’t focus on the significant content.
What better you can do is to slow up a little and try to connect with the subject. Photography is not all about taking pictures but it involve studying and making life experiences as well. You will find most of the photographers losing this energy but it is important. Studying of the subject will help in making deeper understanding about the world around. The odds here are that you might not be able to take pictures in all kind of habitats or positions or angles but you will end up with a satisfactory work.
This is a common mistake that most of photographers do. The matter is not how spontaneous you are with the photography but it is on how productive you are.
Being a photographer could be challenging but at the same time, it is extremely enthralling. Make the most out of this wondrous profession because you can see a little extra of the life what others cannot. Its only the pictures that display the world beautifully and having a profession means that world around you can ever transform to a magnificent place when you like.